Fontlab Software End-User License Agreement (EULA)
Revised 2 October 2015
By using this software, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this agreement. Do not use this software until you have carefully read and agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree to the terms of this agreement, promptly delete all copies of the software, and notify the vendor you obtained it from, for a refund. lf you use this software, you are bound to the terms of this agreement.
Fontlab Ltd. Inc. ("FontLab") grants you the right to use the enclosed program (the "software"). You may not use, copy, modify, rent, sell or transfer the software or any portion thereof except as provided for in this agreement.
This license is for a single user unless you have purchased a multi-user license.
- Use the software on no more than three personal computers if you have a single-user license, or on no more than one personal computer per user specified in your multi-user license.
- Use the software perpetually if you have a standard license, or use the software only within the period specified if you have a time-limited license or preview license.
- Copy the software solely for transfer to another personal computer for your use only, or for archival or backup purposes.
- Modify the program and/or merge it into another program for your use only. Any portion of this program merged into another program will continue to be subject to the terms and conditions of this licensing agreement.
- Transfer the program and license to another party if the other party agrees to accept the terms and conditions of this license agreement. If you transfer the program you must either transfer all copies (whether imprinted or machine readable form) to the same party or delete any copies not transferred. This includes all modifications and portions of the program contained or merged into other programs.
You may not:
- Use the software or cause the software to be used by more than one user, or by more users than specified in your multi-user license, including using the software across a network system.
- Use the software after the period specified, if you have a time-limited or preview license.
- Sub-license the software.
- Reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the software.
- Rent, loan, lease, modify, distribute, or create derivative works from the software. This shall not be construed so as to restrict your ability to use the software to modify fonts.
- Copy the software or manual except as provided in this agreement.
- Permit simultaneous use of the software by more than the licensed number of users (normally one).
- Reveal the serial number of your license to any other person, other than as required to administer your licensing.
(i) you do not include the web sample code in any product or application designed for website development;
(ii) you do not include the font sample code in any product or application designed for font development; and
(iii) you do not use the FontLab name, logos or other FontLab trademarks to market your products or software.
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend FontLab from and against any loss, damage, claims or lawsuits, including attorney's fees, that arise or result from the use or distribution of sample code, your products or software.
Title to the software and all copies thereof remains with FontLab or its vendors. The software and manual are copyrighted and are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty provisions. You may not remove the copyright notice from the software or manual. You agree to make reasonable efforts to prevent any unauthorized copying of the software, and to notify FontLab if you have reasonable belief such copying may have occurred.
Unless provided under a preview license, FontLab warrants that the installer file in which the software is furnished will be free from defects in materials and workmanship that would prevent installation on supported operating systems under normal use for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase. FontLab's entire liability and your exclusive remedy shall be the replacement of the installer file if the file which is furnished proves to be defective as defined above. This warranty is void if the installer defect has resulted from accident, abuse, or misapplication after the download. Any replacement of the installer file will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer.
The software is provided as is without any other warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Neither FontLab nor its vendors shall be liable for any loss of profits, loss of use, interruption of business, nor for indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind whether under this agreement or otherwise. In no event shall FontLab's liability for all damages exceed the amount paid for this license to the software.
EXPORT LAW ASSURANCES
You may not use or otherwise export or reexport the software except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the software was obtained. The software may not be used or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) a United States embargoed country or (ii) to anyone on the Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of commerce's Table of Denial Orders. By using the software you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
FontLab reserves the right to conduct or have conducted audits to verify your compliance with this agreement.
TERMINATION OF THIS LICENSE
FontLab may terminate this license at any time if you are in breach of any of its terms or conditions. Upon termination, you will immediately destroy or delete the software including any copies you have made.
This license constitutes the complete agreement between the parties with respect to the use of the software and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings. No amendment to or modification of this license will be binding unless in writing and signed by FontLab.
This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Oregon of the United States, including patent and copyright laws.
In the event of a dispute related to this Agreement, the parties shall first attempt settlement of such dispute using International Chamber of Commerce amicable dispute resolution (ADR) procedures.
If the dispute has not been settled within 45 days after the first request for ADR or within such other period as the parties may both agree in writing, such dispute shall be finally settled under the International Chamber of Commerce Rules of Arbitration. The parties shall each propose a resolution, and the arbitrator shall choose the most equitable of the proposals.